SPC and Continuous Improvement
The Pyzdek SPC and Continuous Improvement workshop is a highly focused course designed to rapidly bring the power of Statistical Process Control and process behavior charts to solve difficult problems and maintain process stability. In addition, the course provides guidance on Process Capability Analysis, insight on common SPC myths and advice to avoid common SPC pitfalls.
This highly visual, hands-on Pyzdek Institute course teaches a systematic approach to either set up a new SPC system from scratch or to improve an existing system. The course content is Minitab-based and suitable to the healthcare, plastics, food processing, machining, aerospace, automotive and other industries.
|LOCATION||On-site or Online|
The course requires a good understanding of Minitab fundamentals including navigation, menu structure, data integrity, column stacking/unstacking, annotations, data visualizations and similar. For those without Minitab experience, please see the Pyzdek Institute’s Introduction to Minitab short course.
- Attendees must have a PC with Minitab installed (Minitab license and installation instructions will be provided by the Pyzdek Institute upon enrollment).
- Two-way headset.
- Two monitors recommended but not required.
Supervisors, Managers, Technicians, Engineers and Healthcare Professionals.
Benefits to attendees
Specific benefits to attendees include:
- Detect process problems before disaster strikes
- Analyze SPC data and interpret results in group discussion
- Learn many useful statistical principles
- Gain breakthrough process insights
- Avoid common SPC pitfalls
- Improve return on Minitab investment
- Contribute to Operational Excellence, customer relationships and bottom-line profit
- Run better, more cost-effective designed experiments
- Create stable, predictable processes
|Course content||% of time spent|
|Hands-on exercises & interpretation of results||75%|
|Basic statistical principles||10%|
Specific topics covered
- The fundamental nature of data and knowledge
- What is the main goal of SPC?
- The critical importance of classifying variation
- How we listen to the Voice of the Process
- Rational subgrouping, a key concept
- Where do the limits come from? (a pencil & paper exercise)
- When to use individual data points and an IMR control chart
- When to use sub-grouped data and an XBar-R control chart
- The SPC Information Warehouse
- Control chart interpretation
- Control chart robustness
- Comparing the Voice of the Process to the Voice of the Customer
- Answers to common SPC questions
- Specialty control charts
The Pyzdek Institute’s SPC and Continuous Improvement course is also available for groups. Whether you are looking for online or onsite training, we are pleased to accommodate your needs and customize the course to your organization.
- Five 5-hour sessions (recommended)
- Seven 3-hour sessions plus one 4-hour session
It is also recommended to spread the sessions over a two or three week timeframe to allow attendees to collect data, present it during the sessions, etc.
However, Pyzdek Institute is able to accommodate nearly all scheduling requests.
We are happy to help. Give us a call at +1 (520) 789-6291 or send us an email using the form below.