Course format: Self-paced online training
Enrollment duration: 180 days
Estimate time commitment: 40 hours
The Certified Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt is a professional who is versed in the basics of the Lean Six Sigma Methodology who supports improvement projects as a part of a team or conducts small projects on a part time basis. A Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt possesses an understanding of the aspects within the phases of D-M-C.
Pyzdek Institute Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belts complete 40 hours of online training including interactive lessons developed and presented by Thomas Pyzdek and pass a comprehensive proctored exam.
Note: White Belt certification is not a prerequisite for Yellow Belt training.
Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Training Includes:
- 42 online modules.
- 180-day subscription to training site.
- Full certification by The Pyzdek Institute.
- Comprehensive proctored exam.
- Certification recorded in our public online database.
- 4 CEUs awarded by The Pyzdek Institute upon successful course completion.
- Online forums for communication with fellow students and instructors.
- Real-time progress reports.
Specific topics covered
- Introduction to Six Sigma
- Waste and Value
- Value Streams, Flow and Pull
- Recognizing an Opportunity
- Pareto Analysis
- Assessing Six Sigma Projects
- Project Charter
- Avoiding and Overcoming Barriers
- SIPOC Maps
- Product Family Matrices
- Kano Model
- Cascading Ys to CTQs
- Basic Principles of Measurement
- Statistical Principles
- Descriptive Statistics
- Control Charts for Continuous Data
- Statistical Process Control Techniques
- Continuous Distributions
- Process Capability Analysis
- Estimating Process Yields
- Activity Maps
- Physical Process Flows
- Current State Value Stream Map
- Data Collection and Sampling
- Drill Down Tools
- Project Risk Assessment
- Opportunity Maps
- Cause and Effect Analysis
- Create Feed-Forward Models for Improvement
- Continuous Data Measurement Systems
- Develop the Improvement Plan
- Develop New Procedures
- Process Control Planning
- Deployment Maps
- Transfer Ownership and Validate Benefits
Lean Six Sigma Training developed by Thomas Pyzdek. Integrates the Lean and Six Sigma bodies of knowledge into a comprehensive approach for creating processes that consistently flow value to customers.
The Pyzdek Institute offers courses in Lean Healthcare. Lean Healthcare is an operational excellence methodology that helps create value streams where work flows based on the pull of customer demand.