Your cart is currently empty!
Cost Reduction Methods for Plastics Processing
Master the art of efficient plastics processing through advanced process optimization techniques.
Cost Reduction Methods for Plastics Processing is a hands-on, workflow-based course. It covers key fundamentals, reinforced with extrusion, injection molding, roto-molding and other plastics-related case studies, error-proofed workflows and hands-on practice.
People with intermediate-level experience with statistical methods should consider a more detailed alternative: the Pyzdek Institute Measurement Systems Management, Statistical Process Control and Design of Experiments courses, in that order.
Course attendees will learn to approach tough plastics processing challenges with a sequential, error-proofed method designed to avoid unnecessary expense, avoid common pitfalls and improve processes in a cost-effective manner. At the end of the course, attendees will have the ability to gather the process insight needed to make good technical and business decisions. A Certificate of Accomplishment is issued to attendees that regularly attend and demonstrate a good understanding of the course content.
- Format: Instructor-led
- Level: Beginner
- Location: On-site or Online
- Duration: 32 Hours
Topics covered include:
- Lean Process mindset
- Statistical mindset
- Data integrity
- Exploratory Data Analysis (EDA) of existing process and customer data
- Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA)
- Process Behavior Studies and Capability Analysis (SPC/PCA)
- Predictive Analytics
- Process Optimization
The course can be taught with either Minitab or JMP statistical software. In either case, attendees should have a good understanding of software fundamentals including navigation, menu structure, data integrity, annotations and graphing. For those without statistical software experience, please inquire about our (free) Introduction to Minitab or Introduction to JMP short courses.
To get the most out of the course, attendees should have their own PC, a valid Minitab license (Version 19 or higher) or JMP license (Version 12 or higher), a 2-way headset and a webcam. Two monitors are highly recommended.
Live, Instructor-led Training from Certified Master Black Belts
The Pyzdek Institute Cost Reduction Methods for Plastics Processing course is delivered live by Certified Master Black Belts, who possess a wealth of experience in applying Lean Six Sigma methodologies and advanced statistical methods across a variety of industries. These seasoned experts not only hold the highest level of Lean Six Sigma certification, but also have a proven track record in leading successful process improvement initiatives.
They bring their practical knowledge to each training session, transforming complex theoretical concepts into actionable strategies. Their interactive approach ensures that participants are actively engaged, fostering a richer learning experience. They are adept at catering to different learning styles and can provide real-time feedback, making the learning process more personalized and effective.
In this course, you will be learning from the best, gaining insights from professionals who have successfully implemented the strategies they teach. With their guidance, you will be equipped to effectively apply statistical methods to reduce costs in your own organization.
Who is this Course Designed for?
This course is designed for Engineers, Scientists, Six Sigma Belts, Supervisors, Managers and Technicians who need to solve difficult plastics processing & packaging problems, optimize existing processes or set up new processes.
Benefits to attendees
- Use error-proofed workflows to improve processes, gain new process knowledge, increase corporate profits, and avoid common DOE pitfalls.
- Minimize the cost of data-centric process improvement work.
- Analyze data and interpret results in group discussion.
- Multiply the effectiveness of Lean-based process improvement.
- Learn many useful statistical principles.
- Improve return on statistical software and past/future training investment.
- Two hours of free course content support after the completion of class.
|Course content||% of time spent|
|Hands-on exercises & interpretation of results||80%|
Specific topics covered
- The statistical mindset and The Great Mathematical Quandary
- EDA tools: variability chart, scatter plots & matrices, Principal Component Analysis, etc.
- Understanding the customer: analysis of survey and Subject Matter Expert data
- AIAG Gage R&R or Wheeler’s EMP method
- IMR, XBar-R and Short Run charts for Process Behavior Studies, Capability indices
- CART® Classification & Regression (Minitab) or Partition Analysis (JMP)
- Fundamentals of Factorial, Response Surface & Definitive Screening experiment design
- Eight 4-hour segments spread over 4-5 weeks is recommended for online delivery.
- Four 8-hour sequential days are recommended for at-site delivery.
- Other scheduling based on customer need.
Ready to Unlock Cost Savings in Your Organization?
If our Cost Reduction Methods for Plastics Processing course resonates with you or your team, we would love to discuss it further. Our Certified Master Black Belts are prepared to assist you in acquiring the skills necessary to drive cost reductions and process improvement within your organization.
We recognize that each organization in the plastics processing industry is unique, which is why we offer personalized guidance and address any inquiries you may have. Whether you seek information on course content, scheduling, software requirements, or how this training can specifically benefit your role or industry, our team is eager to offer support and guidance to meet your needs.
Get in touch with us today to embark on your journey towards mastering cost reduction methods in the plastics processing industry.