After reading our blog article, please feel free to leave a message below in the comments area.
Article Revised: April 26, 2019
Click here to go to the Amazon.com page for the Six Sigma Handbook. #1 Best Seller in Industrial Quality Control on Amazon.com.
Publication Date: May 13, 2014
The most complete, current guide to Six Sigma
“Best practices in Six Sigma are continuously evolving, just as Six Sigma itself evolved from earlier best practices in quality improvement. …This fourth edition…(features) expanded materials on innovation, strategic development, Lean, and constraint management. …You’ll notice many references to free online materials within the text, such as Excel file templates that can be used for analyzing projects, or videos that provide an in-depth narrative on specific topics.” —From the Preface by Paul Keller
The Six Sigma approach is being used to vastly improve processes, profitability, sustainability, and long-term growth at global organizations of all sizes. Fully revised for the latest developments in the field, The Six Sigma Handbook, Fourth Edition, reveals how to successfully implement this improvement strategy in your company.
The book explains how to define and deploy Six Sigma projects focused on key stakeholder requirements and carry out data-driven management. This comprehensive resource walks you through the phases of DMAIC and DMADV and demonstrates how to use the statistical tools and problem-solving techniques of Six Sigma with screenshots of Minitab and Excel applications.
The new edition has been updated to include:
- Two online quizzes for Six Sigma certification, one for Green Belt candidates and one for Black Belt candidates
- Links to five videos that walk you through specific processes, such as Minitab functions, statistical process control, and how to read a Pareto chart
- Fully incorporated coverage of Lean methodologies
- Find out how to select the right personnel to train, achieve technical proficiency, build the best teams, and foster effective leadership. Improve the quality of processes and products in your organization, increase customer satisfaction, and boost profits with help from this definitive guide to Six Sigma.
Written by two of the foremost authorities on the subject, this authoritative resource delivers all of the guidance you need to successfully implement Six Sigma. Comprehensive coverage includes:
- Building the responsive Six Sigma organization
- Recognizing and capitalizing on opportunity
- Data-driven management
- Maximizing resources
- Project management using DMAIC and DMADV
- The define phase
- The measure phase
- Process behavior charts
- Measurement systems evaluation
- The analyze phase
- The improve/design phase
- The control/verify phase
Take a tour! In this interactive video you will discover what you will learn in our Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training and certification program.