After reading our blog article, please feel free to leave a message below in the comments area.
Article Revised: March 28, 2019
ASQ Quality Progress recently published the results of its 30th annual salary survey for quality professionals. Here are the details:
- The survey included responses from more than 7,000 quality professionals from various industries and market sectors. 92.5 percent of the respondents work full-time. Other respondents included self-employed consultants, part time employees, unemployed, retired, and laid off workers.
- Average salaries in the U.S. increased slightly in 2016 to $91,659 for full-time professionals. It was somewhat smaller than the 2.78 percent increase seen in 2015 — which was the largest increase since 2007.
- 2016’s highest paid quality professional by job title was vice president/ executive, with an average annual salary of $169,350. This was followed by statisticians and directors, who earned an average of $132,468 and $130,902 respectively.
- Respondents of the survey expressed the greatest satisfaction with their jobs when their employers paid for quality training, such as Six Sigma training. They stated that this showed the value that their organization places on professionals holding certifications, and that top management places an importance on quality.
- Respondents holding at least one ASQ quality training certification earn more than $3,800 a year more than those without a certification. Those with two certifications earn $6,200 more than those with just one certification, the survey revealed.
- The average salary for those quality professionals receiving Six Sigma training increased from $83,004 to $100,361.
- Completing higher levels of Six Sigma training offered the biggest bump in salaries for quality professionals in 2016, the survey found. Master Black Belts earned an average of $130,878. The average salary for Black Belts was $104,974.
Take a tour! In this interactive video you will discover what you will learn in our Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training and certification program.