Article Revised: March 28, 2019
Six Sigma Training was developed by Thomas Pyzdek, author of The Six Sigma Handbook. Six Sigma is a comprehensive approach for improving any business process. Utilizing the Six Sigma methodology has been proven to help companies from a large variety of industries to reach their goals, and achieve higher efficiency. Below you will learn 7 how-to ways Six Sigma can benefit your company.
- Six Sigma is focused on the Customer
- You can apply Six Sigma to any organization
- It leverages everyone in the organization (leaders on down) to play a part in the success.
- Everyone in the organization plays a key role in the Six Sigma process
- It adds skills to everyone’s toolbox
- Six Sigma provides a new set of skills for everyone within the organization
- The methodology and be customized to fit your organization
- Six Sigma is not a 1 size fits all. The process of Six Sigma is customized to fit the needs of the organization
- It attacks the hidden costs (the iceberg)
- Organizations understand the true costs of poor quality of their processes
- It improves the process in large chunks
- The Six Sigma Process can be broken down to better manage the changes
Six Sigma concepts and methodologies uses a data driven approach for improving quality, increase customer satisfaction and build loyalties. As the organization learns how to achieve a certain level of quality within one area, they transfer that knowledge to other areas of the organization until all processes have been optimized.